I can help!
I’m a passionate editor and writer, excited to help you find the confidence you need to put your words into the world. With a background in academics and more than five years of experience as a tutor and an editor, I have worked with a wide variety of authors and texts at all stages of the writing process.
Using a detailed and thoughtful approach, I can help you refine, organize, and strengthen your ideas to reach your ideal audience. I am happy to work with text of all kinds, including, but not limited to:
- Fiction manuscripts – picture books, middle grade, young adult, and adult in all genres (science fiction, fantasy, contemporary, literary, etc.)
- Creative nonfiction
- Academic papers
- Resumes and CVs
- Social media content – blog posts, promotional copy, etc.
- Query letters
As a published writer and an active member of the Society for Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI), I attend publishing conferences and can assist you with industry knowledge and resources.
Whether you have a young adult science fiction manuscript or an academic thesis, if you’re brainstorming or need a final polish, I am here to help!
- Bachelor’s Degree: English Literature
- Master’s Degree: English with specialization in Creative Writing
- Visiting Scholar: studied at Oxford University
- Published Writer: freelance articles, short stories, poetry
- Communications Coordinator for international conference center, creating dynamic and creative content for social media and website pages
- 5+ years of university tutoring and teaching experience across the curriculum
- Editor for Japan Harvest (official print publication for Japan Evangelical Missionary Association)
My Skills and Services
- Developmental Editing: Includes brainstorming, organization, and big-picture feedback at any stage of the writing process
- Copyediting/ Line Editing: Review for content, style, and consistency with attention to grammar, clarity, flow, punctuation
- Proofreading: Assessing grammar, punctuation, and typos
- Manuscript Critique: Overall feedback from a reader’s perspective, high-level analysis of character arcs, overall themes, etc.
- Manuscript Formatting: Get your manuscript ready to send into the world
- Book Marketing: Back cover copy or blurbs, promotional posts, blog posts, brainstorming, sell sheets, etc.
For more details and rates, please contact me at jacquelinepeveto[at]gmail.com.